Monday, May 16, 2005

Is It Friday Yet? Part II

Ok, this week I decided I would bring my lunch instead of going out as I need to save money. Well The good thing about it is that you do save money. The bad thing is A) I don't get to leave the office for lunch B) When I don't get to have lunch with co-workers C) We usually take more than and hour and D) I just ate it at 11:30am and it didn't fill me up.

I was a a party recently and you know how you mingle with everyone in the crowd and everyone gets in the whole what do you do for a living conversations. Well it's funny how when I tell people I work in sports marketing I have to clarify what it is. I have to say stuff like No I don't work with pro-athletes and No I'm not Jerry Maguire and No I don't get to go see Panther games or Bobcat games for free (The VP and CEO takes those tickets) So after all that I explain how I have to travel every weekend during football season to football games on saturday and run promotions or do presentations at these games and how I spend a good 8-9 months traveling on the road. The good part of it is that I get to travel and get out of the office. Now once you've been on the road for this long and haven't had a vacation day a real day off and seen your family and friends, you begin to tell your self you can't wait to get off the road. It wares you down after awhile. So now that all our big events are done and the traveling is over, I'm back in the cubicle. If only life was simple.

Ok there wasn't much point to that story I know but it made since to me in my head and the other people in my head agree. . . for now =0)

1 Comments:

Blogger D*ana said...

Hey your blog is funny... I love T Shirt Hell they have the best stuff. I never had balls enough to get any of them for my daughter but I still think it's funny.

How did you find my blog? Always curious to know when I get new comments from people - especially when they don't even live near me!

D

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home