Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Sad Day

Sometimes when your think that life has settled down and that you are moving forward with things, your hit hard by the reality of death. Today I lost a cousin who was hit by a car while riding his bike. He was only 12 years old. I have been dealing with people close to me dying and it really hits home and makes you realize how valuable and fragile life is. When you go through these times you realize how grudges and disagreements you may have had with anyone is pointless, that these people may be taken from your life before you know it. I've had deaths in my family when I was little but I was to young to understand. Since 1999, I have been dealing with a close death just about every year since 1999. These are the people I've lost and how I lost them.

Lillian Collazo (Mom) 1999 Cancer
Noel Padua (Brother) 2001 Suicide
World Trade Center (Family members of friends) 2001 Attacks
Salina Padua (Cousin) 2002 Aneurysm
Eddie Padua (Uncle) 2003 Aids
Benjamin Padua (Father) 2004 Cancer
Michael Padua (Cousin) 2005 Car accident

The hardest thing also is that time doesn't heal all wounds, the scars are still there and I think of these passings everyday. Always reminded of how they all died well before their time. Each funeral reminds you of the last and you think about how that could be you or what you didn't do when that person was alive. You wonder if you will see these people again in another life time. For all those who have lost someone close please hold on to the ones still here and make the most of the time you have on this earth.

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

I am really really sorry to hear about your loss, well, all of them. I have lost many people close to me, at least one a year since I was a Junior in high school. Most recently, it was my dad in August. I also have many close friends in Iraq and Afghanistan right now, so the thought that something might happen to them terrifies me.
Makes it difficult to get thru the day sometimes.

If you would like to talk, send me a message on AIM or yahoo...username THETACHIBUNNY. I know how you're feelin right now. It's true, we need to hold the ones close to us even closer.

11:51 AM  
Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Thanks for the responses.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

My prayers are with you and your family.

4:28 PM  
Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Thank you, I do have someone who has been there for me during the passing of my father which was the hardest thing in the world for me. Thanks again.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

wow, this is so sad. it's unfortunate how sometimes we need a death to remind us of how precious life is. time might now heal the wounds but i hope you have love to help you.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home