Thursday, June 23, 2005

Movie Quotes

On Tuesday I was watching the 100 greatest movie quotes inbetween watching the NBA Finals. It was a great show as it showed movies I haven't seen in years or that I forgot how great a movie it was. I haven't seen any great movies recently. One of the things I have noticed is that there hasn't been a movie lately that I love the script, in that I mean the dialog. The last movie I thought had great lines was Training Day. Here is a list of lines from Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, Empire Records, Usual Suspects and Training Day. Let me know what other movies had good lines or that you liked. Yeah I didn't list office space, I've already had a few post on that movie.

Fight CLub Quotes:

Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.


God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.


Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything


A condom is the glass slipper for our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night, and then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.



Pulp Fiction Quotes:(Tempted to list the whole script)

It ain't no fuckin' ballpark either. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her holyiest of holies, ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Foot massages don't mean shit.


You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride FUCKIN' with you! You gotta fight through that shit!


What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What? Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker. Say what one more goddamn time.
Does He look like a bitch? So why did you try to fuck him like a bitch.
You tried to fuck him. And Marcellus Wallace don't like to be fucked by anybody, except Mrs. Wallace.


That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.


I've never does this before either,and I ain't starting now. You brought 'er here, that means you give her the shot. The day I bring an O.D.ing bitch to your place, then I gotta give her the shot.

I gotta stab her three times?
No, you don't gotta fucking stab her three times! You gotta stab her once, but it's gotta be hard enough to break through her breastplate into her heart, and then once you do that, you press down on the plunger.
What happens after that?
I'm kinda curious about that myself


Now let me ask you a question, Jules. When you drove in here, did you notice a sign out front that said, "Dead nigger storage?"
-answer to question. Did you see a sign out in front of my house that said, "Dead nigger storage?"
Naw man, I didn't.
You know why you didn't see that sign?
Why?
'Cause storin' dead niggers ain't my fuckin' business!


You ain't got no problems, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill them niggers out and wait for The Wolf, who should be comin' directly.
You sendin' The Wolf?
Feel better?
Shit Negro, that's all you had to say.


I will never forgive your ass for this shit. This is some fucked-up repugnant shit!
Did you ever hear the philosophy that once a man admits he's wrong, he's immediately forgiven for all wrong-doings?
Man, get outta my face with that shit! The motherfucker who said that never had to pick up itty- bitty pieces of skull with his fingers on account of your dumb ass.
I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse I'll take. And you're crossin' it. I'm a race car and you got me in the red. Redline 7000, that's where you are. Just know, it's fuckin' dangerous to be drivin' a race car when it's in the red. It could blow.
You're gettin' ready to blow? I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE." I'm what Jimmie Walker usta talk about. In fact, what the fuck am I doin' in the back? You're the motherfucker should be on brain detail. We're tradin'. I'm washin' windows and you're pickin' up this nigger's skull.



Empire Records

Well, Sinead O'Rebellion. Shock me, shock me, shock me with that deviant behavior.
You are so clever. I swear to God, you get smarter the shorter your skirt gets.
Oh now, Debra, don't be bitter, surely with your ever growing collection of flesh mutilating silver appendages and your brand new neo-nazi boot camp makeover the boys will come a-runnin'.


Why don't you take these CD's and shove them up your ass?
Because it would hurt a lot, Warren.


The fat man walks alone.



Usual Suspects

Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station.


Gee, thanks, Dave. Bang-up job so far. Extortion, coercion. You'll pardon me if I ask you to kiss my pucker. The same fuckers that rounded us up and sank us into this mess are telling me They'll bail me out? Fuck you. You think you can catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like that comes this close to getting fingered and sticks his head out? If he comes up for anything, it will be to get rid of me. After that, my guess is you'll never hear from him again.


The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.


You know what happens if you do another turn in the joint?
Fuck your father in the shower and then have a snack?



Training Day
You wanna go to jail or you wanna go home?


They got room for you at the booty house, you ever been to the booty house. Big boys have you grab you ankles...
Suck my dick, bitch. I know people.
That's how it starts.


To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.


You think you can do this to me? You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you. Shoe program, nigga. 23 hour lockdown. I'm the man up in this piece. You'll never see the light of... who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the police, I run shit around here. You just live here. Yeah, that's right, you better walk away. Go on and walk away... 'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. King Kong ain't got shit on me.


[referring to his shotgun]
You *know* I'm surgical with this bitch, Jake. How do you want it, dog? Closed casket? Remember that fool in the wheelchair? How do you think he got there?


You got a dick. You do have a dick, don't you? Okay, the dick lines up straight like that right? To the right of it and to the left of it are pockets, right? In those pockets are money. Look in either one of 'em, pay the bill.


Yeah. You gotta control your smiles and cries, because that's all you have and nobody can take that away from you.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn the man! Save the Empire!

1:59 PM  
Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Audra:That was a classic line also, forgot to add it.

Mercy: "Mitchell's the man I'm the idiot, you're the screw up, and we are all losers" -Joe

Lindsey: I liked mall rats too, but I can't recite the lines like these movies.

Ok one line.
Brodie, I've always taken you with a grain of salt. On your birthday, when you told me to do a striptease to the theme of "Mighty Mouse," I did it. On prom night at the hotel when you told me to sleep under the bed in case your mother barged in, I said okay. And even during my grandmother's funeral when you told my relatives that you could see her nipples through her burial dress, I let that slide. But if you think I'm gonna suffer any of your shit with a smile now that we're broken up, you're in for some serious fucking disappointment!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Ohpuhleaz said...

Okay, I just have to say--I loved Empire Records, but whenever I ask anyone if they've seen it, they haven't! Loved it!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

LOL I was watching that too. I kept thinking of my favorite quotes from other movies...and Audra, THAT IS ONE! :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Loved the quotes, they went great with my morning coffee.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

When Harry Met Sally:

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Yes, I know, I am lame.

PS: GQ, you are so cute!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

"Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything"

Probably wouldn't include losing the ability to walk, right?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home