Monday, June 06, 2005

Family


Me and My Niece Emory


Me and My Niece Riley

This weekend I spent time with family. Not that I don't spend any time with them but this weekend I did alot with my family. The 1st picture is of me and Emory. Emory is a very happy baby and is almost 4 months old. She is very smart at her age and can walk with a little help. The other picture is of me and Riley. Riley is 8 now and talks a mile a minute. I took her bowling and to play games to win tickets.

Later on that night I started thinking about what it would be like to have my own family. I don't have any kids yet and I've never been married but I try to think about what it would be like to be a father and raise a family. At this time in my life it just isn't possible and I thank god that I haven't been forced into the situation by having a kid early and having to deal with the situation. I still don't think I'm ready. It would mean scheduling my whole life around a child which at this moment in time I'm not prepared for. I have 2 cats and I treat them like kids but unlike a real child, I can leave them with a big bowl of food and water when I want to go away for the weekend.

I think I will be able to have kids by the time I'm 35 or so. Hopefully by then I'll have my shit in order.

3 Comments:

Blogger GQ1NYC said...

That's true but I guess I need to work on getting married 1st.

1:53 PM  
Blogger The Diva ♥ said...

Yeah i know what you mean. i'm glad i dont have kids right now but maybe one day.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

35 is a very good age to have children. I had my first at 19 and my second at 30 and I was better prepared for baby #2.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home